This product as been design under the name of HARMONIC
and commercialized under the name of O.SYMETRIC
. The project is teamwork specialized in human performance and health. We have focused our research to obtain the dynamic adequacy between cyclist natural strength and strength to apply on the pedal, this giving both performance and ergonomic.
The principal is that the force to apply on the pedal is constantly proportional to the muscular force of the athlete. When the pedal is up the strength of the cyclist is small (Higher dead point) the wheel radius is small, then when the pedal comes near the horizontal the cyclist can develop more strength the radius is bigger and then decrease to the lower dead point. The wheel radius is constantly changing degrees after degrees to adapt the gearing ratio in function of the athlete natural strength. The geometry created is tow successive curves having a unic symmetry, central point of rotation.Improvements
Validations and testingsPress Release
- Better efficiency that means:
- More output power for the same athlete effort (5 to 15%, the efficiency Increase with effort intensity) this gives in terms of speed an improvement Approx 3%
- Alternatively, less effort for the same output power
- Better long-term muscular development. More fat burning.
- Faster effort recovering.
- More pleasure to train.
- Do away of exceeding strength when the knee is bended around 90°
- More stable output power gives better traction in mountain bike.
You can test yourself the efficiency of O.SYMETRIC by using a cardiofrequensemeter Make a run with a round system and then do the same run using O.SYMETRIC at the same and stable hart rate. You should found a time less approx. 2% in time. Therefore, for the same effort you have been faster.In the pro pelotons
Widely used in triathlon, O'Symetric chainrings are still not much famous on the road and in mountain biking. Some professionals ride them such as:
|Paris Nice 2005, Bobby Julich Winner - Julich has previously said he believes these rings are good for five seconds per kilometre in time trials.|
Where to buyO,Symetric Dealers - CanadaO,Symetric Dealers - USA
| ||World championship TT 2004, Alexander Vinokourov Bronze medal|